Errors when printing to laserjet 2200

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Nov 12 20:06:59 PST 2006

I've been running various versions of CUPS, most recently 1.2.0.  I have a problem with print to my HP Laserjet 2200.  I queue a print job, and the error orange LED starts to flash.  I press the button to clear the error, and the job prints.  The HP Laserjet 2200 is connected to a lpr/lpd network daemon box that I've been using for a long time.  On those systems that don't have cups installed, I see no problems, even printing identical .ps files.

I've been fighting this for nearly a year with versions of FreeBSD ports stretching back that long.

I can't for the life of me figure out where the problem might lie.  I have no clue how even to start to debug this problem.  Before I jump in and look at the output of ps2ps, I thought I'd try here.

I have a few other printers working w/o hassle, so I know the basics work.

Ideas?

Warner