cups gs error

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Nov 13 02:57:42 PST 2006

frank wrote:

>>Well, both the gs error message as well as your strace log report that
>>the requested font cannot be found (OS error: 2, which is
>>"no such file or directory"), and you see the same error reported
>>in your strace on all variants gs tries to read the font file.
>>
>>I suspect your fonts are not installed where gs expects them or the
>>Fontmap file is not up to date.
>>
>>Helge
>>

>>--
>>Helge Blischke
>>Softwareentwicklung
>>SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
>>http://www.srz.de
>

> Hello,
>
> could you please tell me where gs expects which fonts and how do I check the fontmap file??
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> Frank

Where gs tries to find fonts is mostly a compile time setting.
Call gs -h from the command line, it will tell you where it
looks for fonts.
It will also tell you the directory where the startup files
and gs-specific libraries reside. The Fontmap file is usually
loacated there as well.

And, gifing a colon separated list or directories in the
environt variable GS_FONTPATH, gs will search for fonts
in the directories listed there whenever it starts up.

Helge