ghostscript : better to working together ?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Nov 14 08:14:02 PST 2006

Didier Link wrote:
> Esp-gs is at 8.15.2 release for the moment, are you working on a 8.55.x version ? Can we begin to merge some stuff between GNU and ESP at this point ?

The current release is 8.15.3.  It looks like there will probably be
a quick 8.15.4 release to fix some build system bugs and a bug in the
FontConfig support.

I've looked at doing a version based on 8.5x, but I currently don't
have the time to make that happen before next year.  That said, the
Subversion repo is setup to handle merging the changes from 8.15 to
8.5x more easily, so hopefully it won't be a big deal (we'll do that
regardless as a first step towards integrating with the current
GPL Ghostscript top-of-tree...)