All I can get is 'Destination printer does not exist!'

Lance F. Squire lance at alteeve.com
Tue Nov 14 08:24:12 PST 2006

Dosen't seem to matter weather I use the GUI or browser interface to set-up the shared printer I get 'Destination printer does not exist!' eventually.

What am I missing?

The shared printer is on a Ubuntu box. Local IP 192.168.5.100
The printer appeared to be shared, though I can find nothing to select or indicate that outside the /etc/cups/printer... file

The box trying to access it is a FC4. Local IP 192.168.1.1

Using ipp to connect.

Always looks good till I try to send a pring job. Then the printer gets taken off with 'Destination printer does not exist!'

Lance F. Squire