[cups.general] Expected Features of 1.3.X release?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 16 11:15:15 PST 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 10:34, wtautz wrote:
>Michael Sweet wrote:
>> wtautz wrote:
>>> Hi, Just wondering what the changes will be between 1.2.X and 1.3.X?
>>
>> See:
>>
>>      http://www.cups.org/roadmap.php
>
>Interesting. Kerberos will be welcome. What's the status on releasing
>full documentation, i.e., an updated book? At the rate the release cycle
>is happening the book will always be out of date :-)? Dare I say
> it...could you open source the book :-)? Perhaps as an Oreilly book
> that would be available for purchase or download.....
>
>Any chance you can bump this one up on the list:
>http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1806
>of features.

I'll put in a vote for this one too Michael.

>-wt
>
>ps. Thanks again for providing this software to the opensource
> community.

I'll Second the motion.  Its very much appreciated by this user.

minor rant:

Now if we could just reduce the number of distro changes so it would Just
Work(TM) using any distro's package format.  Ubuntu's attempts at
emasculation aren't appreciated.  It took a week, and no answers were
forthcoming from the group list, to get my shop machine (it runs
emc2-head to carve pretty metal pieces on a cnc mill) to see the printers
I share from this box.

/minor rant:

--
Cheers, Gene