[cups.general] printing from Java apps

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Nov 17 02:18:01 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:11 +0100, Michael Herdman wrote:
> CUPS 1.2.5 on Slackware Linux 10.2 (kernel 2.6.13).
>
> I have several Java apps from which I would like to print, but always
> get a "print service not found" error message when I try. I have
> obviously missed some configuration step but I can't figure out what is
> wrong. No problems with non-java apps.

Are you using Sun's JRE by any chance?  I bet if you set your
system-wide locale to 'C' it'll work fine.  I think they are parsing the
output of one of the CUPS commands without setting the locale first, and
of course the messages are translated into French for you and the parser
doesn't understand them.

Tim.
*/