Error compiling CUPS 1.2.7 on HP-UX 11i Version 1

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Sat Nov 18 13:38:15 PST 2006

Hello Jason!

Jayson Garrett wrote:

>     Compiling util.c...
>     Linking libcups.sl.2...
>     /usr/bin/ld: Can't find library: "z"
>     gmake[1]: *** [libcups.sl.2] Error 1
>     gmake: *** [all] Error 1

CUPS cannot find a library for compression.
Please check if following packages are installed:

zlib
JPEG
tiff
libpng
(ghostscript and some other packages could also be usefull)

You can get them from http://hpux.connect.org.uk

Building CUPS for HP-UX 11i V1:

export INSTALL="`pwd`/install-sh -c"
export LIBZ="-L/opt/zlib/lib -lz"
export DSOFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/zlib/include"

../configure --prefix=/opt/cups --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
make
make install

PS: If you still have problems, I can also send you a depot file for your
system (in about 1 or 2 weeks, because I'm ill at the moment).

best regards!
Bernd