PS printing making top margin to small

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Mon Nov 20 10:18:45 PST 2006

What started this was trying to print from glabels and the distance from the page top to the first guide line being to small and the buisness cards  then not being were they should, but printed to high.

I then tried sending the glabel print to a PS file and looked at it with ghostview. It showed that the first guide line was at 36 points, or 1/2" which is what the glabels template called for. Ok, I tried printing it from gv, but the same thing happened. The first guide line was just over 5/16"(.319") from top of page, not 1/2"(.5") as it should, and what gv showed.

Why is this? Is the .17" border from the top page edge to printable area of the Brother HL-1440 coming into play? But, subtracting it???

tj