lpr -Php2600 -#2 ~/testpage.ps VS. lpr -Php2600 -o Copies=2 ~/testpage.ps

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Nov 22 02:45:27 PST 2006

rickr.mn.rr wrote:

>>>No.
>

> $ gv testpage.ps
> works (1 page) on the display.
>
> After doing "lpr -#2" it is transformed by CUPS into:
>
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
> %%Title: testpage.fig
> %%Creator: fig2dev Version 3.2.3 Patchlevel
> %%CreationDate: Wed Aug 30 15:28:56 2000
> %%For: prospector at porky.devel.redhat.com ()
> %%Orientation: Portrait
> %%BeginProlog
> %%EndProlog
> %%BeginSetup
> %%IncludeFeature: *PageSize Letter
> [{
> %% Code for writing CUPS accounting tags on standard error
> [snip]
>
> and gv /tmp/cups.ps displays 2 copies but both are BLANK!

The %%Creator comment above indicates that the PS job has been
generated by fig2dev. Even the latest verssion(s) if it
pretend do produce DSC conformant jobs but in fact they don't.

I could send you an experimental figtops filter which tries to
"repair" the DSC stuff without changing the semantics of the
PostScript program itself.

I tested it successfully with fig2dev 3.2.4, but I must admit my experience
with other versions of fig2dev is quite limited.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung