cups gs error

frank frank at bleile-online.de
Wed Nov 22 03:35:27 PST 2006

> >>Well, both the gs error message as well as your strace log report that
> >>the requested font cannot be found (OS error: 2, which is
> >>"no such file or directory"), and you see the same error reported
> >>in your strace on all variants gs tries to read the font file.
> >>
> >>I suspect your fonts are not installed where gs expects them or the
> >>Fontmap file is not up to date.
> >>
> >>Helge
> >>

> >>--
> >>Helge Blischke
> >>Softwareentwicklung
> >>SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
> >>http://www.srz.de
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > could you please tell me where gs expects which fonts and how do I check the fontmap file??
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards
> > Frank
>
> Where gs tries to find fonts is mostly a compile time setting.
> Call gs -h from the command line, it will tell you where it
> looks for fonts.
> It will also tell you the directory where the startup files
> and gs-specific libraries reside. The Fontmap file is usually
> loacated there as well.
>
> And, gifing a colon separated list or directories in the
> environt variable GS_FONTPATH, gs will search for fonts
> in the directories listed there whenever it starts up.
>
> Helge
>

> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
> SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
> http://www.srz.de

Hello Helge

Thank you for the information.

Well, I was thinking hard, why also I get this error: "gs: error while loading shared libraries: libgmodule-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" and the file is present in both the lib path and the lib64 path. So I checked the rights again and found out that the setting of /opt/gnome/lib64 wasn't ok and that was the solution.
So, anyway thanks a lot for all support, another lesson learned.

Regards
Frank