Problem compiling ESP Ghostscript on AIX

Adrian Davis adrian.davis at lewisham.gov.uk
Tue Nov 28 02:00:56 PST 2006

I downloaded ESP Ghostscript 8.15.3 from the easysw.com website.

I'm trying to compile this on AIX 5.2 with the AIX version 5 'C' compiler (I've already installed CUPS from the Easy Software Products CD). When I run configure it fails and gives the following error in the log...

configure:1397: checking for gcc
configure:1426: result: no
configure:1477: checking for cc
configure:1493: found /usr/sbin/cc
configure:1503: result: cc
configure:1667: checking for C compiler version
configure:1670: cc --version </dev/null >&5
cc: 1501-216 command option -version is not recognized - passed to ld
  C for AIX Compiler, Version 5

…Any ideas what I can do to get this to work?

Many Thanks,
   =Adrian=