[cups.general] CUPS: How to Block Color Printing?

ricardo oliveira ricardoliv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:40:10 PST 2006

Hi:
I have a printer that prints in color and b/w. I use the generic Postscript
driver. I want to forbidden color printing to this printer and I need to
make it in the cups server!

What i need is that whenever a user tries to print some color pages, that
print is always output as B/W and not Color. How can I do this?

I heard that this would be possible by modifying the cups PPD file and more
specific the cupsFilter. Is that true? How can I do this? What do I need to
change in the generic Postscript driver?

Thanks
Ric