lpr(1)-ing multiple files with 1.2.5

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 03:29:11 PST 2006

Mike Sweet wrote:
> Not the backend, the PPD file which references the driver/filters
> used for that printer.

>      grep cupsFilter /etc/cups/ppd/printername.ppd
>
> and let me know what you see, if anything...

For both the printers we have tried, no match. The one match I do find for another printer is:

pp05.ppd:*%*cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-postscript 0 foomatic-rip"

and I think that this might be my mistake, as I've not (knowingly!) installed foomatic-rip.

I shall experiment with a minimally configured fresh installation of 1.2.7 to see if I can find circumstances in which this problem happens.

John A. Murdie