[cups.general] CUPS: How to Block Color Printing?

ricardo oliveira ricardoliv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 08:23:59 PST 2006

Hi again:

Sorry. I've sent you the incorrect PPD. But I have here the correct.
The correct comes as KOC450U.ppd and it was downloaded from konica
minolta web site. the RPM name is KMPU1.7-REDHAT-INTEL.RPM.

After that I add a printer (MYPRINTER) in the redhat-config-printer
and choose driver from KONICAMINOLTA. That will create a MYPRINTER.ppd
in /etc/cups/ppd ... but this file that it is created its differente
from the KOC450U.ppd that I imported to redhat-config-printer!

What's happening here? Can you tell me?

The KOC450U.ppd I use to import to redhat-config-printer has this entry:
 *DefaultSelectColor: Color
But the MYPRINTER.ppd file that is created when I had a printer does
not have it!
I'll attach both files for you to check them!

I must tahnk you a lot for all help you're giving me...

Ric