[cups.general] CUPS: How to Block Color Printing?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Nov 30 07:19:46 PST 2006

ricardo oliveira wrote:
> I need cups  cause i am using pykota quota printing system. I guess
> pykota don't work without cups.
> What about if I replace the generated PPD with the original one
> KOC450U.ppd ?
>
> Ric

As I said earlier, the Konica Minolta setup runs flawlessly
with CUPS and seems to be compatible with a properly installed
and configured pykota. The only thing is that the default installation
foces "application/postscript" document types directly through
their proprietary filter (which inserts dfaults, handles job attributes
and generates JCL etc.) and thus bypasses CUPS' pstops filter.

The KOC450U.ppd that comes with the driver package already requires
the proprietary filter (properly configured, of course).
If you need something independent of the proprietary filter
to work wich CUPS, contact me off the ng; I could send you
my home-grown filter and PPD then.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke