Authentication Problem

DR druiz at aomail.uab.es
Thu Nov 30 07:36:14 PST 2006

Hello!

I'm trying to configure a CUPS Server. It must run on port 8080.
Part of cups.conf:

<Location />
Order allow,deny
Allow All
AuthType Basic
AuthClass User
</Location>

<Location /admin>
Order allow,deny
Allow all
AuthType None
AuthClass User
</Location>

<Location /printers>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass User
Order allow,deny
Allow all
</Location>

<Location /printers/HP3800>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass User
Order allow,deny
Allow all
</Location>

When I try to configure from windows, I put user and password, but I receive a message telling me I have no access to the printer.
Looking at logs in loglevel debug2 I have seen this:

cupsdFindBest: Location /printers/HP3800 Limit 7f
cupsdFindBest: Location /printers Limit 7f
cupsdFindBest: Location /admin/conf Limit 7f
cupsdFindBest: best = /
cupsdAuthorize: con->uri="/", con->best=0x80b6bf0(/)
cupsdAuthorize: Authorization=""
cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided.
cupsdIsAuthorized: con->uri="/", con->best=0x80b6bf0(/)
cupsdIsAuthorized: level=AUTH_USER, type=AUTH_BASIC, satisfy=AUTH_SATISFY_ALL, num_names=0
cupsdIsAuthorized: auth=AUTH_ALLOW...
cupsdIsAuthorized: username=""
cupsdReadClient: Unauthorized request for /...
cupsdSendError: 7 code=401 (Unauthorized)
cupsdCloseClient: 7
cupsdCloseClient: Removing fd 7 from InputSet and OutputSet...

I don't understand why it appears a username="" before I write it from windows printer configuratin. And I don't understand why, when I put user/password I can't configure printer

Help!!!

Thanks.