Cups over ssl help

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Nov 30 14:01:48 PST 2006

Ricky Armstead wrote:
> Thanks for your help! got it working, actually saw in the logs how it creates the cert on the fly. But for some reason when I use IE 6.0.2900 it craps out when trying over ssl. Could the be a bug? I am using Cups Ver: 1.2.7 on gentoo

Might either be a bug in IE or in the OpenSSL libraries you have on
Gentoo...  If you can bump your LogLevel to "debug2" and capture the
session setup messages for an IE client, that might be useful.

Also, check your "trust" settings in IE - might be it just doesn't
want to allow self-signed certs by default...

FWIW, I don't seem to have any problems with OpenSSL 0.9.8* or with
CDSA on the two systems I have handy.