missing of "us-ascii" character set file

Sam zhaomingz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 10:46:01 PST 2006

> >> No, they aren't.  The MIME type (if you've provided the correct one)
> >> is bad - the charset modifier is not supported, and you need to use a
> >> semicolon (not a colon) to separate the type from the charset,
> >> anyways.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products           mike at easysw dot com
> >> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com
> >

> > Hi, Mike:
> >
> > In which file should I "use a semicolon (not a colon) to separate the type from the charset"? I did not find such one in mime.convs or mime.types. Please specify.  Thanks
>
> The client is specifying "text/plain:charset=us-ascii" in the
> document-format attribute, or you have this type listed in one of
> the *.types files in /etc/cups.

Hi, Mike:

Sorry, maybe I am dumb. But I  do not quite get it yet.

"The client is specifying "text/plain:charset=us-ascii" in the
document-format attribute, "  -- can you specify, how client, in which file to put this ?

"or you have this type listed in one of the *.types files in /etc/cups."
I did not find a similar line in either mime.convs or mime.types. All similar entries  I found in these files are :

text/plain              application/postscript  33      texttops
(in mime.convs, in postscript filter section)

text/plain                      txt printable(0,1024)
(in mime.types, in Rsaster text files section)

I am a little bit confused.  CUPS Interface Design Description DOCUmentation  said us-ascii should be under charsets dir, but it missed in both client/server side.

Thanks for your help, Mike

Sam