[cups.development] OS/2 port of CUPS

Nick Bartolotti nbartolotti at pharos.com
Sun Nov 12 11:35:05 PST 2006

Do you know how far into the PS file the conversion got?  It's been a while since I put on my PS thinking cap but as I remember it %! is the start of a PS file.  If this was encountered within the file at an unexpected spot, my first thought is binary data is being mis-interpreted and causing the job loop to get confused and abort additional interpretation.

>From the log it looks like you might also have been in the middle of a font file or processing a font.  As I remember it Fonts also start with %!.

Lastly, not DSC means the PS file does not conform to the Document Structuring Convention so it's possible the PS program breaks some of the rules set forth by DSC.  This is not uncommon for hand-cranked PS or PS from older programs that don't use a driver per-se.

Maybe this will lend a clue.