[cups.development] cups configuration error

Nitin Kanaskar nitinvk04 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 05:42:04 PST 2006

hello Hin,

I tried 'service cups start' - it says
cups: started scheduler.                                   [  OK  ]
But when I invoke lpr, it gives -
lpr: Error - scheduler not responding!
Also when I do 'ps aux|grep cups', it gives -
root     14747  0.0  0.1   3764   664 pts/1    R+   09:34   0:00 grep cups
That means no cups daemon was started.
Installation has not gone well I guess.
I could see some error messages in config.log.
Could you please help me in understanding
the error messages...

Thanks
Nitin