[cups.development] Unconditional filters

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at linux01.gwdg.de
Tue Nov 14 06:55:50 PST 2006

On Nov 14 2006 08:54, Michael Sweet wrote:
>Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>
>> is there a way to place an unconditional filter (gziptoany is such a
>> kind) into the chain of filters - without the need to modify the source?
>
>For a post-filter, use the CUPS 1.2 port monitor support.
>
>We have some plans to add pre-filter support in a future CUPS release.

If a post-filter is what I think it is, then it is probably not much use
to me, since I need the job data as-is, that is, in its original form
(mostly Postscript) rather than printer language.
    Pre-filter is also a little problematic unless the gziptoany filter
becomes such a (configurable) pre-filter - my filter is after gzip, but
before any printer language conversion, so that I can assure that input
is mostly postscript, text/plain or image/something.

	-`J'