[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2104: The Minolta issue again

Andrej Podzimek aa at quick.cz
Tue Nov 14 16:40:09 PST 2006

[STR New]

Hello, I reported this problem a few weeks ago:
http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2019 Unfortunately, it appeared again for
some reason or other. I am still using exactly the same HW and SW. I
downloaded the current version of CUPS from SVN.

The issue can be resolved by replacing lines 87 and 88 in
backend/usb-unix.c:

          use_bc = strcasecmp(hostname, "Canon") != 0 ||
                   strstr(hostname, "Minolta") != NULL;

by the original solution introduced by mike when the problem first
emerged:

          use_bc = strstr(hostname, "Minolta") != NULL;

I have no idea what this could be caused by. Believe it or not, the Canon
|| Minolta thing re-introduces the problem, unlike the Minolta-only
condition. (An important note: I have neither a Canon printer, nor a
single piece of hardware from Canon.)

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2104
Version: 1.3-current