[cups.development] What did I do wrong ?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Nov 15 16:55:32 PST 2006

Jerome Alet wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 06:58:18PM -0500, Michael Sweet wrote:
>> argv[6] is only passed to the first filter.  If any filter processes
>> the job before your backend, then the backend won't get argv[6].
>
> Then shouldn't the filter also generate the two copies and
> replace the "2" with "1" in the arguments ?

No, only the parent process (cupsd) can change the arguments, and
we specifically do not alter the arguments so that downstream
filters will know how many copies were requested.

> Only one copy was printed.
>
> Could this be a problem with my PPD file which contains this :

The Foomatic script should be getting two copies of the print data
(cupsManualCopies is set to True), however it is possible the print
file is overriding the copy count (there was a recent STR about this
that turned out to have this problem...)