[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2119: configure search directories for shared libraries

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Wed Nov 22 14:24:01 PST 2006

[STR New]

Hi!

Our problem is that cupsd can't find the shared library libldap-2.3.so.2.
The library is located in /usr/local/lib/hpux32, which is not in the
default search path (system is HP-UX ia64).

We can workaround this problem with setting SHLIB_PATH. A much better
solution is setting an additional search directory in the executeable.

The problem is that the ld (not GNU) command delete all other search paths
if +b is used (but this is necessary).

(configure created following value for LDFLAGS)
LDFLAGS         =       -L../cups -L../filter $(ARCHFLAGS) \
                         -Wl,+s,+b,/opt/cups/lib  $(OPTIM)

(requested value)
LDFLAGS         =       -L../cups -L../filter $(ARCHFLAGS) \
                         -Wl,+s,+b,/opt/cups/lib:/usr/local/lib/hpux32
$(OPTIM)

May it possible to add a configure option for this?

best regards!

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2119
Version:  -feature