[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2120: Seeing Unsupported format 'application/octet-stream'!

Philip Prindeville philipp at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Nov 23 10:14:25 PST 2006

At the very least, the error message being generated isn't very clear.

That doesn't seem like a distro issue.

The mime.types file has application-stream/octet defined.

I asked on fedora-list, and was told this problem was occurring
because I used lpadmin to create the printer, both locally and
remotely (it's true, we have Kickstart scripts that configure all
of that so the user doesn't have to).

The reason I was given was that the raw queue wasn't being
created.  (It only gets created if I use system-config-printer-gui.)

Which I didn't understand.

This previously worked, now it doesn't.

Are you sure that's a distro issue?

-Philip