Number-up does not work when printing with KPrint

Tilman tilman.schroeder at gmx.de
Thu Nov 30 14:26:04 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm printing pdf-files from Kghostview with KPrint. In the printer properties window i am able to tell cups to print two pages on one sheet of paper on one side. the help text to this option tells me that this is equivalent to passing the -o number-up=2 argument to cups. This option is also recorded in the cups error_log file so KPrint seems to really pass the option to cups without an error. However, on the printed pages there is still one page per sheet of paper. In the KPrint window I selected "CUPS" as the printing system and not "UNIX-LPD" or "LPR".

Printing the same pdf file with the command
$ lp -o number-up=2 file.pdf
everything works as expected.

It's no problem for me to print all pages with the lp command but I think this bug should be fixed because this option is available but does not work in KPrint.

If you need more info, just mail me at tilman<DOT>schroeder<AT>gmx<DOT>de!

Bye,
Tilman