Authentication certificate not found, can't print

rhauff rhauff at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 04:52:50 PDT 2006

Well, I booted up the PC this morning and lo and behold, out dumps 2 pages from the network printer!!!  I thought I had removed all print jobs, according to the KDE  "Print Jobs" applet.

I'm guessing this has been a KDE problem all along, I still don't understand KDE's relationship to the CUPS print system.  The fix must have been creatingthe /etc/cups/certs dir and symlinking /var/lib/cups/certs/0 into it.  But it took a KDE restart to make it work, not a CUPS restart as I had been doing.

So, thanks guys for your help!