Samba - CUPS - Fax

Tomas Srb srbt at dtnet.cz
Tue Oct 3 02:14:35 PDT 2006

Hi,
I need fax on linux server shared with MSW stations. If I use samba without CUPS support, it is simple - lpr comman for printer Fax is replaced by my faxspool programm - this connect via tcp/ip small gui on workstation and ask user for fax number and description.

When I use CUPS, this seen simple too - i wrote backend using my faxspool, this connect via tcp/ip... eee? Something is wrong! How I can resolve IP address of MSW workstation? Backend have only username of sender, some title of print (can I in smb.conf change title of printjob?), but any information about seners station are not :-(.

I know, this is question on edge betwen CUPS and Samba... but please, help me, if You can.

Best regards
Tomas Srb

P.S. Sorry about my english - this is not my native language (this is pascal :-)