Printing escape sequence to format font size

Paola plugli at infinito.it
Tue Oct 3 08:54:17 PDT 2006

> Hi Aldrin,
>
> On 19/09/06, Aldrin Labissiere <alabissiere at lbi-group.com> wrote:
> > It's still not working but at least I have the first line printed. I use to print with the lp (cat check.txt|lp -dprinter) command and it's working fine with redhat7. Now in Redhat ES4, using the same command, I only get an empty page... If you have any other idea, I need help...
>
> I suppose this is a PCL printer? Try
>
> ( printf "\033&k2G" ; cat check.txt ) | lp -o raw -d printer
>
> and see if it's any better.
>
> --
> cheers,
> -ambrose

Hi Ambrose,
you excuse but also I must solve such a problem and ask you the best modality.
With SuSe Linux Enterprise Server 9 SP3 i have add a printer (TCP/IP) like LOCAL RAW DEVICE (HP LaserJet 4000 - PCL5).
My program uses some sequences of Escape which are only printed correctly if I use:
( printf "\033&k2G" ; cat check.txt ) | lp -d hp4000
How I can to set up the print queue with the automatic Settaggio of the LF? It's possible?
Many thanks
Paola