OpenOffice/Cups problem

todd pitts pitts.todd at ieee.org
Tue Oct 3 22:00:36 PDT 2006

I have come accross a problem with OpenOffice printing from CUPS.  I am not sure where the problem lies.  When I setup cups with some PPD files I can't print from openoffice.  The printjob is sent, the printer light blinks and then goes orange to indicate an error in the file.  Printing to file and filtering with ps2ps fixes this problem.  However, I am not sure that it is an openoffice problem.  If I just use generic postscript when setting up cups (no ppd) it works fine.  I have an HP 2200d laserjet and used the latest ppd off of linuxprinting.org.  Any ideas?

-Todd