[cups.general] HP 2400 series printers halting ques

Jeff Port port at cse.psu.edu
Wed Oct 4 06:31:08 PDT 2006

Hi,

First, I'm running CUPS v1.1.22rc2 on a Solaris 9 box.  I'm wondering if
any of you have seen this happen with the HP 2400 series printers.  It
seems that once they go into sleep mode the que gets shut down, forcing
a manual restart of the print que associated with that printer.  The
simple answer is turn off sleep mode, but there is no selection for that
in the configuration of the 2400's so I set it for the longest time
available and force a wake up at 7:30am.  But the ques still shut down
inexplicably during the day.

Any clues?

--
Jeff Port - IT Support