CUPS equivalent of "interface scripts"

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Oct 4 10:58:51 PDT 2006

Adrian Davis wrote:
> We have a requirement to install CUPS on one of our systems. Currently we also use printer interface scripts to email output and to transfer print output to other systems.
>
> What would be the CUPS equivalent to the printer "interface script"?

CUPS uses the same command-line interface/format as the old System V
LP system.  You can use interface scripts as long as they start with
"#!/bin/sh" (or whatever shell you need) - typically most interface
scripts will work with little or no modification, the most common
being the addition of the "#!/bin/sh" line...