force grayscale

casueps casueps at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 03:20:48 PDT 2006

> >>Olease post (an URL to) the PPD you use, as there are at least two different controllers for
> >>this printer that support PostScript.
> >>

> > I will post the links to two PPDs, one is the specific driver for the printer and the other one is for Generic PS, we can print with both of them but neither of them allow grayscale.
> >
> > http://rapidshare.de/files/35561345/ppds.zip.html
> >

> When using the C3200.ppd, you should select the option
> 	ColorMode=BW
> The other (generic) PPD does not provide any choices for color mode
> selection, but you could insert a
> 	<</ColorMode 0>>setpagedevice
> into the PostScript stream or insert it into the PPD as a job patch file.
>
> I suggest to use the C3200.ppd it works (i.e. if it is the correct PPD for
> your printer's controller.
>
> Helge

Thanks.
The ColorMode=BW didn't work so I finally forgot about those PPDs and searched for another that worked better. I found that I could use the same PPD that is stored in c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers ... when I install that printer on Windows (I thought that wouldn't work on Linux so I hadn't tried that PPD)