[cups.general] NO FONT WAS FOUND Name["Sans"] while printing from web browser

Nagaraja nagaraja at ncoretech.com
Tue Oct 10 00:40:46 PDT 2006

Hi All,

We are using cups-1.1.17 , espgs-8.15.2 on custom made board pxa-255
with Linux , 2.4.20 kernel.
 We are able to add printer-HP Deskjet5438  using web interface located
at http://127.0.0.1:631/admin.
and  able to print  text file and pdf file by using the  command lpr -P
hp5440 text ,  gs -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=djet500c
-sOutputFile=/dev/usb/lp0 test.pdf from command prompt.

But  when we try to print pages using Firefox ,the print set up takes
the  command and  process it and stops with.....
NO FONT WAS FOUND Name["Sans"]......

The fonts location on my Board is as  fallows...

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi  75dpi   Type1   misc    ttf
/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1

Can any one please tell me what am I missing here and how do I go about
fixing this fonts in my Board.

Thanks in advance for your valuable info or sujestion.

Regards,
Nagaraj.