New Cups server and printer.conf

Robert Gruener rgruener at online.de
Tue Oct 10 04:26:05 PDT 2006

Kenny Lowe wrote:

> Robert:
>
> This new cups server in a print server for a SAP system. I just would to  split the printing load up between tp cups print servers.  But yet have both cups servers have all of the queues define.

That is not too far away from what I have running her with ESP-PrintPro.
If your 2 print servers are identical (besides the name of course), your
printers will be "merged" and clients will print to the first server
they can reach. If there is not much traffic, this may happen to the
same server for all jobs. If there is more load and server 1 is not
reachable or busy, jobs should go to server 2 automatically.
If you want to have it separated from the normal production environment,
just for use with sap, then you have to configure your sap clients to
just this one print server. Either by adding a browsepoll directive to
cupsd.conf or by defining the client.conf file.
The servers should not have a client.conf or a browsepoll command.
Is your problem solved now?

--

Gruss / Cheers

Robert