Kyocera FS-920 problem

Laszlo Hoffner Hoffner.Laszlo at kre.hu
Wed Oct 11 00:51:45 PDT 2006

Hi,

At the university we have a linux server with CUPS running on it to serve students' print requests. When we used SuSE Linux 10.0 Professional, printing worked fine. When I upgraded to SuSE 10.1 Professional, it didn't work anymore via the LPT port. When I attach the printer to the USB port, it prints, when I connect it to LPT and re-configure CUPS, it doesn't work. I must use LPT because the machine room is more than 5 meters away and cables run in the wall. Please help me.
I downloaded the newest drivers from Kyocera's web page, it didn't help at all. The problem still persists.

Thanks,
Laszlo Hoffner