[cups.general] Dot Matrix: Lexmark 4227

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Oct 12 02:56:25 PDT 2006

Hello,

On Oct 11 12:28 Fortuitous Technologies wrote (shortened):
> I want to setup CUPS to print to Lexmark 4227 dot matrix printer.
> I believe it will print raw text, which is our preference.

See for example
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
"The Filter" (note "raw" versus "System V style Interface Script")
and for details see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS

> Also, I want to setup the local CUPS systems that talk to our main
> CUPS print server to just forward all print jobs without modification.

If I understand your question correctly, then this is the default
how CUPS works in the network, see for example
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de