in-postscript media-type request stripped by pstops?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Oct 13 04:51:01 PDT 2006

blinkety bill wrote:

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have a problem trying to print to transparency using Xerox print driver via CUPS.
>>
>>What version of CUPS are you using?
>>
>>When you say you are using the Xerox print driver via CUPS, do you
>>mean you are using the Xerox Windows printer driver and printing the
>>resulting file through CUPS?  If so, how is the queue configured on
>>your CUPS system right now?
>

> Please see previous replies, but here is where the PPDs came from, for anyone who is interested.
>
> http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=4400&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA&source=XOG
>
> I guess you choose 'Linux' from the list ... (was someone else who got this for me)
>
> Simeon
>

>>--
>>Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products           mike at easysw dot com
>>Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

As for the %%BeginFeature ... %%EndFeature blocks: Michael Sweet is right
in saaying that this stuff only gets skipped if things like number-up or scaling
are requested. But I conclude from your postings that the CUPS version you use
is 1.2.2, thus you run into the "defaults bug": the pstops filter in 1.2.0 up to
1.2.3 used to insert the PPD defaults at the end of the setup section and thus
overwrote different settings from the PS job itself.

This should have been fixed with CUPS 1.2.4, so your sysadmin *will* have to
upgrade independent of what the Linux distributor does.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung