Printing legal files OO2.0.2

Jim ocki at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 18:55:38 PDT 2006

I have googled and searched here, but no luck on this. Have also contacted Brother who are trying to help, but have asked me to check all the stuff I have already done.

Hope I explain this properly. Running OO 2.0.2 on Mandrake linux 10.2 w/KDE desktop 3.3.4 and using CUPS. Recently installed Brother DCP 7020 all-in-one monochrome. Downloaded drivers (an lpr and a cupswrapper which are both in Mandrake RPMS) and installed accordingly. All OK with scanning and printing as stand alone and thru PC, EXCEPT :

When printing an OO document formatted as legal in Page layout, the printing STOPS as though the document is letter format so the bottom 3 inches of a legal doc on legal paper is blank.

These are conditions:

legal paper in tray
document size on front panel controls set to legal (although I think this is just for stand alone copying)
In OO Format > Page> page layout set to legal.
CUPS printer configuration is set to legal paper in web based localhost:631 admin page.
OO printer configuration DOES NOT have legal size as an option in its menu.
OO printer properties DOES NOT have legal paper size as an option.
When configuring printer from KDE Configure printing manager recieve error "unable to load a valid driver for DCP7020: line 555: syntax error, unexpected keyword, expecting stringpart or quoted". All functions except legal size still work even with this error.

I have a Samsung ML 2151 monochrome printer that DOES have legal paper selection in the OpenOffice printer admin dialog and does print fine, so I'm pretty sure Mandrake and OpenOffice are working OK, but maybe I'm missing something. Could the driver have failed to give a proper PPD file and if so how to load a correct one?

Any help appreciated