[cups.general] cups won't print after drum change

Todd and Margo Chester ToddAndMargo at gbis.com
Wed Oct 18 16:14:00 PDT 2006

Hi All,

    Help!

    I just changed the drum on my Oki B6200.  It connects via a print
server to my Cent OS 4.4 (same as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, only
cheaper) CUPS 1.1.22.0 server.  Now it won't print.  (The other
printers on CUPS do print.)

    When I lpq the B6200, it says the "printer is not ready".  It also
shows 14 print jobs.

    When I run "cupsenable OkiB6200", lpq changes to
"OkiB6200 is ready and printing".  But it doesn't print.
And, the jobs in the queue don't change.

    I have powered off and on the printer and the print server.
No change.  I have restarted cups (/etc/rc.d/init.d/cups restart),
no joy.

    This happened to one of my other printer, after I changed its drum.
After tons of fussing, it started printing.  I could never figure out
what I did.

    How do I get this thing to start printing again?  (Important: I only
have
access to the command line to fix it.  Please no GUI commands.)

Many thanks,
-T

Reply ยป