Create queues with default options

David Miller dmc at cox.net
Fri Oct 20 12:43:38 PDT 2006

I would like to setup queues for my printers so my users don't have to type out the specific options. For example if they want to print to a transparency tray they would have to do the following

lp -d phaser8400 -o media=Transparency /path/to/file

Is there a way to have a print queue called phaser8400_trans that prints to the transparency tray automatically? I would like to setup such queues for 11x17 and duplex printing also. I'm assuming I need to edit the ppd files for the queues.

Thanks.