[cups.general] system-config-printer?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Oct 22 16:07:26 PDT 2006

Todd and Margo Chester wrote:
> It is a slick utility.  I set up four remote printer on HP 501x print
> servers and shared
> them to the network in less than three minutes.  Much easier to use than
> the web utility that
> comes with cups.  Everyone should have access to this utility, not just
> Red Hat users.
> (I had to use CUPS with the web admin on Friday: I nearly pulled my hair
> out!)
>

> Idea, approach Red Hat on making it part of the CUPS distribution.
> Anything
> that makes cups easier to use is a good thing.  :-)

My own experience has been the opposite.  Perhaps a better approach
would be to identify what, exactly, you like so much about the Red Hat
GUI and then we can add that to the web interface.

Nothing you have described so far isn't already possible with the
standard CUPS 1.2 web interface, but then I'm guessing you are using
the old CUPS 1.1.x web interface...