Acrobat Reader collate+duplex+copies bug

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 07:13:22 PDT 2006

Not really off-topic for this list, but just to compare notes and to prevent anyone reporting the following as a CUPS bug. I find that when printing from Acrobat Reader 7.0.8 (the latest available) under Linux with CUPS to a printer which has the default setting for 'Collate' = Off, Duplex = 'On', but with Acrobat's print dialogue options set to Copies = 2, Collate = On, that a document with an odd number of pages prints with the first page of the second document on the reverse side of the sheet of the last page of the first document, which means that one cannot separate multiple copies!

I don't think this is a CUPS bug. Has anyone else seen it?

John A. Murdie