Evince collate+copies+duplex bug

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 09:09:49 PDT 2006

> John A. Murdie wrote:
> I'm just curious - never had such issues with Acrobat. Could you post
> (an URL to) one of those files and describe how your printer(s)
> is(are) connected (IPP or other)?
>
> Helge but I've been using a 13-page copy of the article "As we may think" by Vannevar Bush simply as a PDF
>

> --
> Helge Blischke
> Softwareentwicklung
> SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
> http://www.srz.de

I suspect that any PDF file will do; I've been using a 13 page PDF document.

One big clue is that when one commands Acrobat Reader (7.0.8) to print two copies, the print progress bar passes from 0-100% *twice*. If you "print to file", one sees 26 pages in the PostScript, with no blank page intervening between the two copies of the article. (I hate to think what would happen to our filestore if someone commanded 1000 copies of a large file!)

I have yet to perform the same exercise with the Evince problem - I'm still not sure that that one is not CUPS or my CUPS configuration.

John A. Murdie