Evince collate+copies+duplex bug

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 10:08:44 PDT 2006

John A. Murdie wrote:
> I have yet to perform the same exercise with the Evince problem - I'm still not sure that that one is not CUPS or my CUPS configuration.

Umm, perhaps it is something to do with my CUPS configuration. Using CUPS 1.2.4 (I still have not had time to upgrade to 1.2.5), I find that the command:

lpr -Ppp23 -ocopies=2,Collate=True doc.pdf

prints two uncollated copies (duplexed, per queue default, with queue default being Collate=Off) to an HP LaserJet 8150dtn with the PPD file: http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/PPD/HP/mono_laser/HP_LaserJet_8150_Series.ppd

I got the '-oCollate=True' from http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/options.html

Any suggestions for what else to look at so I can debug this?

John A. Murdie