[cups.general] cups on GenToo can't print pdf files

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 27 04:15:46 PDT 2006

On 27 Oct 2006, at 09:40, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> I have been running CUPS (an older version) for a long time and
> directly printing a .pdf file posed no problems.
>
> Now I have switched to GenToo, tried CUPS versions
> 1,1,23-r8 and 1.2.5.
>
> In both cases - directly printing a pdf file -
> seems to send invalid postscript to my print.

I am also using Gentoo (without the capital "T") and net-print/
cups-1.1.23-r8 and `lpr foo.pdf` works fine here. I have just tested
this on an HP LaserJet 5M connected via JetDirect using the "HP
LaserJet 5 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)" ppd, and I am sure it works
on my other printers, too.

I think you'll maybe need to give some more details of your problem.
I assume you can view the pdf file correctly on your system? Have you
considered re-emerging your pdf libraries?

Stroller.