Spooled but not printing

Tor coolblue at nym.hush.com
Sun Oct 29 03:18:46 PST 2006

Hi,

I've set up CUPS to print using a usb printer under Linux. Everything set up fine, including the right file in /etc/cups/ppd/ and so on.

Using lpr command in an xterm also works. Printer is seen and set as default using the CUPS webinterface and also appears when using xpp

However, nothing is printed, although the CUPS user interface says all have been printed.

There are no errors in /var/log/cups/ relating to this - i.e. relating to nothing being printed.

/var/spool/cups shows files relating to what hasn't been printed.

My question is - are the files just spooled, waiting to be printed? If so, how do I get them to print?

I stopped and re-started the cupsd with no result.

Or there something else going on here?

Probably missing something here really simple.