[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2021: HP2600n envelope printing fails on 2nd envelope

pf.pfortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue Oct 10 06:31:05 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Dunno where to begin looking for this problem...

Have a couple of HP2600n color LaserJet printers; same problem on both.

I can print an envelope from OpenOffice writer 2.0.3 by laying out the
envelope printables centered on a landscaped letter layout.  This allows
me to print ONE envelope.  If I ask for multiple copies, every subsequent
envelope gives an error at the printer -- it claims the wrong paper is in
the tray.  Pressing the checkmark button on the printer allows one
envelope to print.  To print multiple envelopes, I have to hit this button
for each one...  :^P

Can't find any reference to this issue on any forum, or HP website...

Anyone have a clue how to overcome this issue?  Or, how to proceed to
track it down; especially since the first prints OK and the subsequent
copies are apparently identical images.

I'm half suspecting a printer bug; but I'm going to need more ammo to get
to the bottom of this...

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2021
Version: 1.2.2