[HIGH] STR #2018: Duplex & Banner Page

Tim Meushaw meushaw at pobox.com
Thu Oct 19 10:58:53 PDT 2006

> [STR Closed w/Resolution]
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> In consulting with other developers, we have decided to back out this
> particular change and add a new attribute called "cupsEvenDuplex" that
> will enable the "even pages" mode. So, when CUPS 1.2.5 comes out, >you'll
> need to add the following line to your PPD file to avoid this problem:
>
>     *cupsEvenDuplex: True

Thank you for providing the patch in this STR.  I just started using CUPS at work and had this same problem with two remote printers, a Xerox Phaser 7700DN and a Xerox Phaser 7750DN.  I patched pstops and that fixed the problem for both printers.  I will also make sure to add the above line to my PPD files when the time comes.