cups-1.2.5 undefined reference to `ppd_add_default'

Stefan Schweizer genstef at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 20 17:31:49 PDT 2006

Michael Sweet wrote:

> [In the future, please file this sort of thing as a bug report via
>   the CUPS web page, or at least use the cups.bugs forum...  Thanks!]
sorry, I will use that next time. Do not really like the bug tracker because
of the fact that I cannot reopen and the minimal interface and the botspam
it gives. Newsgroups are better :)

> Stefan Schweizer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is the error I get with cups-1.2.5
>>
>> ipp.o: In function `copy_model':
>> /files/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-1.2.5/work/cups-1.2.5/scheduler/ipp.c:4023:
>> undefined reference to `ppd_add_default'
>> /files/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-1.2.5/work/cups-1.2.5/scheduler/ipp.c:4025:
>> undefined reference to `ppd_add_default'
>
> This is because you are using libpaper, which is generally only
> available on Debian-based distros...
>
>> should be easily replaced with cupsAddOption, please release a 1.2.5.1
>
> We don't do that kind of release numbering.  The next release will be
> 1.2.6, and we won't release it any sooner than next week.

thank you for fixing this so quickly! I will just patch it for the Gentoo
Ebuild then :)

As this is probably not very important to many other users feel free to
delay 1.2.6 as long as you want - no rush.

Best regards,
Stefan